About Dr. Omar David Hussamy
• Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
• Fellow of the American Academy of Orthodaedic Surgeons
• Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine, Hand Surgery &
Total Joint Arthroplasty
• Certified Independent Medical Examiner by ABIME (American Board of
Independent Medical Examiners)
• Expert Medical Advisor, Florida Department of Workers' Compensation
Dr. Hussamy is an Ivy League educated, board certified Orthopaedic Surgeon and was elected as a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in 1998.
Dr. Hussamy began his medical training at St. Andrews University, Scotland, receiving a Bachelor of Science degree with honors in physiology. He completed the prestigious M.B., B. Chir. Doctorate of medicine degree at Cambridge University, England. He received his M.D. degree at the University of Virginia. Dr. Hussamy is a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Dr. Hussamy completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill in 1993. He subsequently completed a fellowship in sports medicine, hand surgery and total joint arthroplasty under the guidance of Frank C. McCue III at the University of Virginia.
Dr. Hussamy has been in private practice in Florida since 1994. He routinely performs arthroscopy of all joints, robotic computer assisted total joint replacement, rotator cuff surgery, hand surgery, bunion surgeries, non-operative orthopaedics and fracture care. He is the first orthopaedic surgeon in Indian River County to perform robotic total hip replacement and MAKOplasty partial knee resurfacing. Dr. Hussamy has published multiple articles in international peer reviewed orthopaedic literature.
Indian River Medical Center, Vero Beach, Florida
Sebastian River Medical Center, Sebastian, Florida
Service that is distinguished by:
• Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon in Active Practice
• Over 25 Years in Practice
• Over 20 Years Performing IMEs / CMEs
• Over 500 IMEs / CMEs Performed
• Over 500 Depositions & Testimonies
• Published Numerous Articles in Peer-Reviewed Orthopaedic Literature